Dear Fall 2013 Students,
We are looking forward to welcoming you to Accra this weekend! Please note that members of the NYU-Accra staff will be at the airport to meet you in the “Meeter’s/Greeter’s” Lounge at the Kotoka International Airport starting at 7am on August 18. More detailed information about your arrival can be found in this Arrival Cheat Sheet. Please read it carefully, leave a copy with your parents and pack a copy (it has important contact information you will want to have handy).
Staff will be wearing NYU shirts and carrying NYU ACCRA signs. If there are students who plan to arrive earlier or need directions to the NYU-Accra residential facilities, please contact Christa Sanders, Associate Director at email@example.com or cell 233-243-101214, or Marian Ansa-Otu, Student Life Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org or cell 233-243-150011.
Students arriving earlier than Sunday, August 18, 2013 would be responsible for their ground transportation and hotel reservation.
Safe travels and see you shortly in Accra!
Dedication of Supplies
There will be dedication of supplies through out the semester as we go on trips. These supplies will be dedicated to the less privileged in the communities to be visited. You are encouraged to bring used clothing, pencils, pens, candies, books and other items for this purpose.
Last Minute Details
NYU-Accra is looking forward to welcoming you all to Accra in just a few days!
We are very excited!
Please take note of the following announcements, which should cover the last minute questions most of you have been asking:
1. As stated in the Arrival Cheat Sheet, staff will be at the airport to meet you.
2. Remember to bring along a towel. You will not be provided with those. Bed linen is provided but you may bring along extra for your own convenience.
3. The voltage on appliances in Ghana is 220V. An adapter will be very useful. You can purchase an convertor if you need one.
4. Wireless Internet service is provided in both dorms and academic centre. There are ethernet sockets for you to plug in as well.
5. Community Service/Internship placements will be done when you arrive.
6. It’s the rainy season so please bring along an umbrella and/or raincoat and rubber shoes
7. Mailing address for NYU-Accra:
Use this address if you are using a courier service e.g. UPS, DHL, FEDEX etc
No. 8, 3rd Norla Street
North Labone, Accra
When Using US Postal Service use this address:
PMB CT 84
I suppose this is all for now…? Contact us at email@example.com if you have any more questions or concerns.
See you shortly!!!